Pages


Monday, February 2, 2009

30 Years Later

Aside from telling us that Coke Zero tastes like regular Coke, I think that this commercial was intended to have us look back at the old Coke commercial. So that's what we shall do. And happily. The original one is excellent.

Mean Troy
Coke Zero
2009 Super Bowl


Mean Joe Green
Coca-Cola Classic
1979 Super Bowl


Correction: Make that 29 years. Mean Joe Green was in 1980 according to Adland.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Ok, so seeing as how you weren't around when the 1979 commercial first aired (and neither was I :P), how'd you know about it? It is a good commercial--Kai's making me watch it over and over and over....

2nd said...

Haha, do you have the song stuck in your head now? I don't know when I first saw it. We watched it in my Brand Management class but maybe I saw it before that.

Oops, although the title of the YouTube video says 1979, a trip to the commercial archive tells me this is from the 1980 Super Bowl. Idk.
http://commercial-archive.com/SuperBowlCommercials/1980+super+bowl+XIV+commercials

Axel said...

OK so this is hilarious!! When I watched the first one, I totally remembered a PSYCH episode where they totally stole this! Let me find it.... ANY GIVEN FRIDAY NIGHT AT 10PM, 9PM CENTRAL (#3_3013)
EPISODE PREMIERE: January 30, 2009
Awesome Sweet!

2nd said...

Haha, that's right! I'd forgotten about that :)