Pages


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

22 Months

We have the greatest, cutest, funnest, playfulest, happiest, lovingest little boy ever!

He is getting great at letting us know what he wants.

Even though he knows how to go up and down the stairs he prefers we help him.

He often comes up to me and makes sure I look right at him smiling at me.  It's so adorable and I super love his smile.  It means he wants me to watch him or come with him or play with him.

He often holds one hand with the other to fold his arms for prayer time.  It doesn't necessarily last through the whole thing.

He does more with the sign language he knows.  For example, "more" doesn't just mean "I want more food" but it can mean "there is more _____." Like, "I have more food" or "there are more stars in this book" or "I have more toy buses."

The last couple weeks he has often had a crayon, colored pencil, pencil, or chalk in his hand.  With paper, notebook, or coloring book.  He loves to color!  He's moved on from his adorable lightly drawn dots and lines.  And he loves it when he makes a mark that resembles a letter.  Every now and then I have to help him know what is okay and not okay to color on but it's not nearly the issue I thought it could be.  He's a smart kid!


A couple of Saturdays ago Hot Cup brought an easel home from his trip to Ikea! Fun!


This Sunday he finally colored in nursery.  Seems he's always loved coloring so it's been interesting that he just sits there during coloring time in nursery.

When he knows he's done something good and that I'm going to be proud of him, and when he's being silly, he leans forward and smiles, while walking.  He's actually done this for a long time but it's been a little more often lately.

He loves long sleeves.

He's been tasting our food more.  He doesn't always like it but that's okay.

We shared our guacamole and chips with him at Qdoba.  And after a minute he decided he didn't really need the chip he'd dipped and licked a million times and started using a fork.  He doesn't like to touch slimy avocados, but apparently I should try mashing them and giving him a utensil.

We went to the library a couple times this month.  The first time he'd just take books out and put them back somewhere else; hardly looking at them and going pretty fast.  The second trip he did the same some, but wasn't quite the busybody again.  He seemed to have fun both times and he loves the books we bring home!

Some of the things he loves to do in the basement:
> Play with his train set. Both on the train table and on the floor.
> Make shapes and letters with crayons & colored pencils, like daddy taught us.
> Make a mess!
> Color :)



More Pictures
> Organizing by color
> Helping unload the dishwasher


We took him to ride the carousel at the mall. He loved the carousel last summer at Ocean City but did not want to sit on a horse this time. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

dinyb said...

Love it! Cutest little boy ever!