Pages


Thursday, November 1, 2007

All Hallow's Eve

Halloween morning greeted me with a cat fight. And by ‘cat fight’ I mean cats were fighting. It was still a little dark outside and there were cats screeching at each other in the alley. It went on for about 20 minutes; every so often a lady would scream “shut up!” but I guess the cats didn’t understand or didn’t care. Later I saw clumps of cat hair as I walked that alley on my way to the bus stop.

I made a moderate effort to celebrate Halloween this year. I didn’t dress up or go to any of the weekend’s parties but I did wear pumpkin earrings [that’s gotta count for something].

At home my roommates and I celebrated by eating butternut squash soup, handing candy out to trick-or-treaters, of course eating more candy than we handed out, and watching The Watcher in the Woods.

I’d never seen the movie before but it was good. It’s not so much a scary movie, but it’s not intended to be. If you haven’t seen the alternate endings, I highly recommend them. They are hilarious, and just bad. It’s very much an early 80’s film. I couldn’t place where I knew the father from until I looked it up later. I don’t think I could have imagined “Ducky” in this role if I hadn’t seen it myself. But it's him!

1 comment:

leslie said...

i have seen those alt endings before, they were ridiculous! in particular i remember one that had some kind of robot alien thing from the future.

one time when i got to the movie theater early for my movie, i popped in to watch about 15 minutes of "scary movie 3." who did i see but the girl from watcher in the woods! it was kind of unsettling seeing her, she is this good girl that you recognize from a show you watched when you're a kid, and in sm3 she's all slutted up and ditzy. scarred me for life.

your halloween night sounds so relaxing and nice!