He's getting much more independent and wanting to do and decide things, as 2 year olds do :) He's really cooperative and obedient about things as long as he can be a little more independent about them.
His top loves are outside, downstairs, daddy, chocolate, TV, and his ambulance.
A month and a half ago is right when his talking started to take off. It began with 'no no no no no no' (high pitched and adorable) and saying dada tons (really, he would ask for daddy all the time). And he'd say the few letters he hadn't spoken yet. And whisper a single sound for just about anything we'd ask him to say.
It was right about at two years when he started to say more things at a regular volume and unprompted. He's saying quite a bit now. Some words he says are (in no particular order): car, truck, bus, train, ambulance, ball, book, star, heart, moon, bowl, blueberry, bread, cheese, yogurt, Ritz, water, flower, frog, fish, bird (he doesn't say many animals cause he makes animal noises instead), baby, mom, daddy and da and dada (which mean dad but can also mean daddy's cereal), bye bye, clock, shoe, dee (yes), no, nose (like when he needs me to wipe it :), and eye. I'm sure there is more and he's saying new things all the time.
When I give Hot Cup a hug or kiss, he needs one too.
He seems to be doing well in Nursery and doesn't need me there.
I think he likes when other kids are around and seeing what they're doing. He loves to show off to them whatever toy he's got.
He's still cuddly and lets me hold him and sits on my lap, but he doesn't sit on my lap as much as he used to. I don't think it's my shrinking lap, I think he's just growing up. It's gotten rare for him to sit on my lap instead of beside me for stories except for his bedtime story. His favorite bedtime story right now is Corduroy.
He'd hold my finger the whole time we were out for quite a while, he still does but not always, he's becoming a little explorer.
When we go outside I'll tell him to say goodbye to his handful of toys but he's learned that if he gives me a really big smile and holds up one finger I'll say 'okay, just one' and then he'll put down all but one.
The last couple of days he's emptied some boxes of their (bagged, thankfully) food so he could put the box in the recycling.
A couple weeks ago Hot Cup hung up the cuckoo clock we got from his mom and he still loves to watch it with a big grin every hour.
> Truck, train, and ambulance all together!!
> He loved the binoculars but I found them in the trash a few days later, I guess he knew they weren't real toys.
> My mom knew someone getting rid of this kitchen and knew we'd thought our boy would love one :)
We finally got a notable amount of snow at the end of March. He agreed to a little walk on cleared sidewalks but didn't care for the snow.
He knows what my camera is for and after I take a few pictures of him he comes over so he can see them. Sometimes he wants to press the button, and as you can see (in the self-portrait below :) I let him. I don't let him hold the camera though so if he wants to do it himself he has to get his own.
He loves keys and trying to get them into the keyhole.
General Conference was the first weekend in April. He enjoyed being at home all day and playing with daddy.
With the increased ease with which he gets up and down from furniture he loves to play a lot in a chair at the table and desk, and on the couches.
He fell down on one of our walks and pointed to his elbow to tell me that's where he got hurt. He was a really good sport about getting it all cleaned up. But refused the bandaid. He'd check it out over the next few days to see how it was healing.
Pictures of him playing with the alphabet and number puzzles and the water table that he got for his birthday.
He loves his stuffed animals.

No comments:
Post a Comment