Pages


Monday, July 8, 2013

Independence Day Weekend

Hot Cup had a four day weekend and at one point we thought we'd take the opportunity to have a nice family outing one or two of the days. But we didn't. I've been having sciatic nerve pains and decided to use the long weekend to lay around so it wouldn't hurt and have my poor husband do everything else. While it still hurts often, I really benefited from being able to give the nerve a break for a more extended period and feel that the whole situation with it in general has improved.

On the 4th of July I was still trying to participate in everything. I didn't actually realize it was sciatica until late in the day and didn't talk to a nurse about it until the 5th. So I tried to keep up with my boys but it would just feel worse. Thankfully Hot Cup had already planned to be the chef for the day so I got to eat great and didn't have to worry about cooking.

Anyway, here are some pictures!

In the morning we did sidewalk chalk and then Hot Cup took our boy for a little walk.


After naptime we tried to coax our boy into the pool but he wasn't interested. He figured out ways to play with his daddy quite a bit anyway. Here's one of their games.




In the evening we took a quick trip to the park to see if you could see fireworks from the hill. You couldn't. Our little guy let us know he wanted to go to bed anyway.


For lunch Hot Cup grilled burgers he'd stuffed with cheese and bacon. He also grilled pineapple and chocolate stuffed bananas. For dinner we had more grilled pineapple, in a sandwich with cheese and bacon, and frozen raspberry lemonade. Everything was delicious!


Over the next few days Hot Cup took our toddler on a couple outings, pushed him around the neighborhood in his tricycle a few times, and did lots of other fun things with him. Here's an adorable picture of them watching TV Sunday evening.

No comments: