Pages


Sunday, August 23, 2015

Fruit Flies

-- A few days ago --
My preschooler catches me checking out my cider vinegar fruit fly trap.
Preschooler: How many bugs you got?
Me: 3
P: They making honey.
M: No, there not bees, just little bugs.
M: You making honey mommy.  Wow.

-- Today --
I'm making smoothies and my preschooler asks "what you doing?" with every little step. 
I finally say that "everything I do is to make the smoothies." 
After a minute or so he hasn't said anything and I've forgotten the conversation when I decide to redo the fruit fly trap (yes, in the midst of making smoothies). 
I start to untape the funnel when he says "you going to put the bugs in the smoothie mommy, and they'll get all smooshed up."

I feel like watching me pour it all down the sink must have been a bit disappointing.

No comments: