Pages


Thursday, April 14, 2016

5th Birthday!

It's policy in our county schools to not allow kids to share food on their birthday. So I'm glad we found something else for him to take.  They had maracas at the party store (for Cinco de Mayo) which we thought would be fun.  The teacher sent me a video of them singing happy birthday to him with them.  He loved watching the video with me and tells me they sang 3 or 4 more songs with the maracas.

His birthday was on a Saturday this year so his party was on the same day.

In the morning he had Miniastics, which is what they call their intro-to-gymnastics-for-preschoolers class at the Y.  He's been doing it every Saturday since early March and it'll be over in a couple more weeks.  He loves it :)  (The first class he went with his dad and I stayed home; when he got home he ran up to me and said "I did 74 jumps!") See these pics of his awesome gymnastics skills!


From there he and I picked up the birthday balloons we'd ordered for him.  He'd selected stoplight colored decorations including a big 5-shaped balloon which I thought went nicely with the math theme.  Here he is playing tablet games while we get ready for his party.


Hot Cup's family arrived a little early (and mine a little late due to car trouble) so there was a bit of time for fun and games before dinner.  For dinner Hot Cup smoked some pork and I managed a few sides.


Then he opened his gifts.  We'd taken him bike shopping a few weeks ago.


Lots of people did the pogo jumper including my parents. How did I not think to take everyone's picture/video?!

And last we had cake and ice cream!  I made the cake and Hot Cup made homemade orange and mint ice creams into chocolate covered ice cream balls.  I'm so glad he enjoyed his math cake :)  :)


No comments: