Pages


Monday, August 11, 2014

Birthday Party!

We invited family over on Saturday the 26th to celebrate our baby turning one!

Hot Cup provided a delicious meal.  The birthday boy loved the mac and cheese.


Baby received some fun stuff.


He really didn't know why he needed more than the bowl though.


This guy would have been happy to take everything else.


He didn't take to his rocking horse right away. But his dad has the ability to get a smile out of him no matter what.


When I brought out the cake I figured I'd see what he thought. He'd been a bit overwhelmed by the gifts so I quietly showed it to him without telling anyone so there are no pictures, but he thought it looked fun and grabbed at a wheel. I think he was a bit disturbed that the wheel actually came off but it wasn't long before he then grabbed at the motor. I didn't let him get it which was a little sad. He was too tired from all the excitement to enjoy the cake.


He appreciated being held while it was cut.


Some of our lovely guests.


The next day. Glad he loved it :)

(The green is avocado.)

A closer look.  Headlights, tail lights, and moving rear wheels by daddy. Baking and decorating by mommy. Our toddler still occasionally tells me we don't have anymore light blue car cake, and that we need to go to the store.


My photographers. At the beginning of the party I asked one of my sisters to take some pictures. Then half way through I asked the other. I hope they didn't mind. They didn't know I was going to put them to work but they were very gracious about it.  Thanks so much!!

So glad they left me this selfie.

It was fun to get some rare candid shots of our entire family. Love them!

I imagine it's rare for anyone to get those on their own cameras.

No comments: